Five Things to Know About the ANA Show
Posted on 7/29/2019
If you're attending the ANA World's Fair of Money in Chicago August 13-17, here are five things to know:
1. NGC is offering on-site grading and encapsulation of US coins, starting on Aug. 13. PMG is also offering on-site grading and encapsulation for paper money. This allows collectors to have their collectibles graded during the show. For cut-off time information and other details, click here (NGC) or here (PMG).
2. For US Mint releases at the show, NGC is offering special labels (including one with the ANA logo) and designations (including Chicago ANA Releases and First Day - ANA). For more details and submission instructions, click here.
3. NGC Chairman Mark Salzberg will be offering free coin consultations to members of the public, from 1 to 2 p.m. on Thursday, August 15. PMG Finalizer Matt Quinn will be offering free paper money evaluations from 2 to 3 p.m. on Thursday, August 15. To learn more, click here (NGC) or here (PMG).
|LEFT:US 1870-S Dol
lar, graded NGC XF 40.RIGHT: Australia 1813 "Holey Dollar," graded NGC AU 53.
Click images to enlarge.
4. The auctions at the show include many NGC-graded coins and PMG-graded notes expected to sell for six figures. The coins include an 1870-S Seated Liberty Dollar graded NGC XF 40; an 1889-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 65; and an Australian "Holey Dollar" graded NGC AU 53. The notes include an 1869 $50 "Rainbow" Legal Tender Note graded PMG 58 Choice About Uncirculated EPQ and a 1928 $5,000 Federal Reserve Note-Atlanta graded PMG 30 Very Fine EPQ.
|1869 $50 Legal Tender, graded PMG 58 Choice About Uncirculated EPQClick image to enlarge.|
5. Company representatives will be accepting submissions and answering questions at NGC booth #1400 and PMG booth #1601. Regular submissions will be accepted until noon on Saturday, August 17. To see other shows NGC and PMG are attending, visit NGCcoin.com/events and PMGnotes.com/events.