Historic Netherlands Indies Banknote Graded by PMG Featured in April Sale
Posted on 3/14/2022
Nearly 300 banknotes certified by Paper Money Guaranty® (PMG®) from around the world are featured in an upcoming Crown Currency sale. This auction features rarities, including dozens from the Netherlands Indies, now known as Indonesia. Pre-bidding is available for Auction 7, which will conclude on April 6, 2022.
A Netherlands Indies, Javasche Bank 1919-20 20 Gulden graded PMG 15 Choice Fine (lot 20) is one of the top lots in the sale. This example is one of many denominations printed by the Dutch East Indies, which was ruled by the Netherlands from 1816 to 1949. The colony was formed by various trading posts set up in Indonesia.
|Netherlands Indies, Javasche Bank 1919-20 20 Gulden graded PMG 15 Choice FineClick images to enlarge.|
Other PMG-certified highlights include:
- a Netherlands Indies, Javasche Bank 1896-1913 10 Gulden graded PMG 15 Choice Fine (lot 16)
- a Netherlands Indies / Dutch Administration 1815 100 Gulden graded PMG 63 Choice Uncirculated (lot 27)
- a Netherlands Indies, Javasche Bank 1938-39 100 Gulden graded PMG 20 Very Fine (lot 30)
- a Netherlands New Guinea 1954 500 Gulden Specimen graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 47)
- a France, Banque de France 1918 (ND 1938) 5,000 Francs graded PMG 30 Very Fine (lot 98)
- a Netherlands, Nederlandsche Bank 1955 20 Gulden graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 259)
- a Netherlands 1956 1,000 Gulden Specimen graded PMG 58 Choice About Unc (lot 290)
- a Suriname 1918 1 Gulden graded PMG 15 Choice Fine (lot 377)
- a Suriname, Surinaamsche Bank 1928-33 5 Gulden graded PMG 25 Very Fine EPQ (lot 392)
- a Suriname, Surinaamsche Bank 1951 25 Gulden graded PMG 58 Choice About Unc EPQ (lot 416)
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free PMG eNewsletter today!