World Banknote Auctions Offers Rare PMG-certified Palestine Currency Board Note
Posted on 1/25/2022
A rare Palestine Currency Board banknote certified by Paper Money Guaranty® (PMG®) is the top lot in World Banknote Auctions' Live Sale 21. Online bidding is already underway for the sale on February 3, 2022.
A Palestine 1927 5 Pounds graded PMG 25 Very Fine (lot 21394) has an estimate of $25,000 to $30,000. The PMG Population Report has only 14 examples of this particular catalog number, with this being the lowest serial number of them.
Other PMG-certified highlights of the auction include:
- an Algeria / Allied Occupation World War II 1944 500 Francs graded PMG 64 Choice Uncirculated (lot 21013), with an estimate of $3,000 to $4,000
- a European Union / Ireland 2002 500 Euro graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 21169), with an estimate of $3,000 to $4,000
- a Jamaica, Government of Jamaica 1960 5 Pounds graded PMG 64 Choice Uncirculated (lot 21314), with an estimate of $3,000 to $3,500
- a Libya, Treasury 1952 1 Pound graded PMG 63 Choice Uncirculated EPQ (lot 21341), with an estimate of $3,000 to $3,500
- a Syria, Banque de Syrie et du Liban 1939 50 Livres graded PMG 45 Choice Extremely Fine (lot 21588), with an estimate of $2,500 to $3,500
- a Belgian Congo, Banque du Congo Belge 1946 20 Francs graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 21037), with an estimate of $2,000 to $2,500
- a Finland, Finlands Bank 1945 (ND1948) 1,000 Markkaa graded PMG 66 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 21186), with an estimate of $2,000 to $2,500
- a Sarawak, Government of Sarawak 1938 5 Dollars graded PMG 30 Very Fine (lot 21438), with an estimate of $2,000 to $2,500
- a Belize, Government of Belize 1975 10 Dollars graded PMG 68 Superb Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 21044), with an estimate of $1,500 to $2,000
- a Straits Settlements / British Administration 1930 1 Dollar graded PMG 40 Extremely Fine EPQ (lot 21573), with an estimate of $1,500 to $2,000
All estimates are provided by the auction house in US dollars.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free PMG eNewsletter today!