Rare World Banknotes Graded by PMG Offered by Heritage During the FUN Show
Posted on 12/15/2021
An exciting array of world banknotes certified by Paper Money Guaranty® (PMG®) is being offered in a sale presented by Heritage Auctions. Bidding for the World Paper Money Signature Auction is currently underway, with the sale wrapping up January 13, 2022, in conjunction with the Orlando FUN show.
Celebrating a silver anniversary
One note leading the sale is a Canada, Banque du Canada 1935 $25 French Commemorative Issue banknote celebrating the 25th anniversary of King George V and Queen Mary’s reign. The king passed away in 1936 and this issue, which was briefly produced, became scarce. Graded PMG 63 Choice Uncirculated with Serial Number 4, this particular rarity (lot 28084) has an estimate of at least $40,000.
|Canada, Banque du Canada 1935 $25 French Commemorative Issue graded PMG 63 Choice UncirculatedClick images to enlarge.|
A colorful rarity
Another note with an estimate of at least $40,000 is an India, Reserve Bank ND (1959) 10 Rupees Specimen graded PMG 58 Choice About Unc EPQ (lot 28212). Colorfully printed, this note features the state emblem of India, called the Lion Capital of Ashoka, as well as HAJ indicators near the top of the front, indicating it was intended to be used by Muslim pilgrims. This particular specimen is the top graded out of three certified in the PMG Population Report.
|India, Reserve Bank ND (1959) 10 Rupees Specimen graded PMG 58 Choice About Unc EPQClick images to enlarge.|
Other PMG-certified highlights include:
- a Russian-American Company 1816-52 10 Kopeks Walrus Skin Note graded PMG 50 About Uncirculated (lot 28361), with an estimate of at least $25,000
- a Canada 1878 $2 Payable at Saint John’s graded PMG 10 Very Good (lot 28061), with an estimate of at least $25,000
- a Lebanon, Banque de Syrie et du Liban 1939 100 Livres graded PMG 35 Choice Very Fine (lot 28292), with an estimate of at least $25,000
- a Commonwealth of Australia ND (1918) £50 graded PMG 30 Very Fine EPQ (lot 28007), with an estimate of at least $25,000
- a Canada, Union Bank of Newfoundland 1889 $20 graded PMG 64 Choice Uncirculated (lot 28113), with an estimate of at least $20,000
- an India ND (1920-21) 5 Rupees graded PMG 50 About Uncirculated (lot 28204), with an estimate of at least $20,000
- a group of eight Canada, Bank of Canada 1937 Specimens ($1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100 and $1,000) graded from PMG 55 About Uncirculated to PMG 64 Choice Uncirculated (lot 28089), with an estimate of at least $15,000
- a Canada, Banque du Canada 1935 $50 in French graded PMG 50 About Uncirculated (lot 28086), with an estimate of at least $15,000
All estimates are provided by the auction house in US Dollars.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free PMG eNewsletter today!