Spink Offers Collection of PMG-graded Hong Kong Banknotes
Posted on 12/15/2021
A collection of dozens of Hong Kong banknotes certified Paper Money Guaranty® (PMG®) is being offered in a special sale presented by respected auction house Spink. Bidding is already underway for the Hong Kong Banknotes of a Gentleman sale, which concludes on January 9, 2022.
The top lot in the sale is a group of six Hong Kong, Standard Chartered Bank notes with Solid-2 Serial Numbers, each graded PMG Uncirculated (lot 6046). They are a 1985 10 Dollars, 1985 20 Dollars, 1985 50 Dollars, 1985 100 Dollars, 1988-89 500 Dollars and 1985 1,000 Dollars. This lot has an estimate of HK$220,000 to HK$350,000 (about $28,000 to $45,000 USD).
|Hong Kong, Standard Chartered Bank 1985 1,000 Dollars and 1988-89 500 Dollars, each with a Solid-2 Serial Number and each graded PMG Uncirculated.
Click images to enlarge.
Other PMG-certified highlights in the sale include:
- a Hong Kong, Chartered Bank of India, Australia and China 1931-34 50 Dollars graded PMG 25 Very Fine (lot 6031) with an estimate of HK$140,000 to HK$180,000 (about $18,000 to $23,000 USD)
- a Hong Kong 1968 100 Dollars graded PMG 67 Superb Gem Unc EPQ (lot 6067) with an estimate of HK$100,000 to HK$150,000 (about $13,000 to $19,000 USD)
- a Hong Kong, Mercantile Bank of India, Ltd. 1941 5 Dollars graded PMG 50 About Uncirculated (lot 6013) with an estimate of HK$60,000 to HK$90,000 (about $7,700 to $11,500 USD)
- a Hong Kong, Government of Hong Kong 1941 1 Dollar on 5 Yuan graded PMG 66 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 6005) with an estimate of HK$50,000 to HK$80,000 (about $6,400 to $10,300 USD)
- a Hong Kong, Chartered Bank ND (1961-70) 100 Dollars graded PMG 67 Superb Gem Unc EPQ (lot 6038) with an estimate of HK$45,000 to HK$80,000 (about $5,800 to $10,300 USD)
- a Hong Kong, Standard Chartered Bank 1993 100 Dollars with a 1 Million Serial Number graded PMG 66 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 6050) with an estimate of HK$40,000 to HK$70,000 (about $5,100 to $9,000 USD)
- a Hong Kong, HK & Shanghai Banking Corp. 1956-58 100 Dollars with a Solid-1 Serial Number graded PMG 66 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 6065) with an estimate of HK$40,000 to HK$60,000 (about $5,100 to $7,700 USD)
All estimates are provided by the auction house.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free PMG eNewsletter today!