Auction Features Rare Netherlands Indies Banknote Graded by PMG
Posted on 11/11/2021
More than 300 banknotes from the Netherlands, Dutch colonies and elsewhere that are certified by Paper Money Guaranty® (PMG®) are featured in a Crown Currency sale. Bidding is already underway for Crown Currency Live Auction 5, which concludes on December 1, 2021.
The top banknote in the sale is a Netherlands Indies 1968 500 Gulden Color Trial Specimen graded PMG 63 Choice Uncirculated (lot 35). This note showing Javanese dancers is a reminder of Dutch rule that preceded Indonesia gaining its independence after World War II. It has a starting price of €15,000 (about $17,200).
|Netherlands Indies 1968 500 Gulden Color Trial Specimen graded PMG 63 Choice Uncirculated. Click images to enlarge.|
Other PMG-certified highlights include:
- an uncut sheet of four Netherlands Indies, Government ND (1846) 100 Gulden graded PMG 50 About Uncirculated (lot 30) with a starting price of €12,000 (about $13,800)
- a Netherlands Indies 1824 (ND 1890) 2 1/2 Dollars Specimen graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 12) with a starting price of €6,500 (about $7,500)
- a Netherlands Indies / Dutch Administration 1815 1,000 Gulden graded PMG 66 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 36) with a starting price of €6,000 (about $6,900)
- a Netherlands New Guinea / Dutch Administration 1954 100 Gulden graded PMG (lot 56) with a starting price of €6,000 (about $6,900)
- a European Union / Ireland 2002 500 Euro graded PMG 63 Choice Uncirculated EPQ (lot 353) with a starting price of €3,000 (about $3,400)
- an uncut sheet of six Netherlands Antilles / Dutch Administration 1962 10 Gulden graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 292) with a starting price of €2,500 (about $2,900)
- a Netherlands 1970 100 Gulden with an Offset Printing Error graded PMG 30 Very Fine (lot 150) with a starting price of €10 (about $11)
Starting prices are provided by the auction house. Dollar amounts are in US Dollars.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free PMG eNewsletter today!