Rare PMG-certified French Canadian Note Featured in April Sale
Posted on 4/7/2021
Hundreds of rare banknotes certified by Paper Money Guaranty® (PMG®) are featured in the next sale by World Banknote Auctions. Some of the notes have never been offered in a public auction and are making their first public appearance. Online bidding is currently underway, concluding on April 15, 2021.
One highlight is an incredibly rare Canada, Banque du Canada 1935 $50 (French) graded PMG 63 Choice Uncirculated (lot 7072) with an estimate of $15,000 to $25,000. The note features George VI (who became king in late 1936) and is printed in French. French text notes were typically printed in fewer quantities than notes with English text.
|Canada, Banque du Canada 1935 $50 (French) graded PMG 63 Choice UncirculatedClick images to enlarge.|
Making its debut in a public auction is a rare British Caribbean Territories 1955-64 $20 graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 7053). This note is the highest grade example in the PMG Population Report and has an estimate of $15,000 to $18,000.
|British Caribbean Territories 1955-64 $20 graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQClick images to enlarge.|
Other PMG-certified highlights in April’s sale include:
- a Canada, Bank of Canada 1954 $1,000 (Devil’s Face) graded PMG 55 About Uncirculated (lot 7082), with an estimate of $7,000 to $9,000
- a Greenland/Danish Administration 1803 1 Rigsdaler graded PMG 35 Choice Very Fine (lot 7184), with an estimate of $6,000 to $7,500
- a Bahamas, Monetary Authority 1968 $20 graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 7013), with an estimate of $5,000 to $7,000
- a Dominion of Canada 1912 $5 graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 7060), with an estimate of $5,000 to $6,000
- a Norway, Norges Bank 1898-99 5 Kroner graded PMG 30 Very Fine (lot 7276), with an estimate of $3,000 to $5,000
About World Banknote Auctions
World Banknote Auctions, located in Sacramento, California, was founded by Dennis Hengeveld. For over five years, World Banknote Auctions can boast that they are the only auction company in the United States solely dedicated to world paper money.
All estimates are provided by the auction house.
Explore the PMG Population Report for information on PMG-certified banknotes worldwide.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free PMG eNewsletter today!