PMG-certified World Banknotes Highlight October CGB Auction
Posted on 9/23/2020
A wide range of rare world banknotes certified by Paper Money Guaranty® (PMG®) are being offered in a sale by CGB Numismatique Paris, a respected auction house based in France. Online bidding is now open and ends October 6, 2020.
A South Vietnam National Bank undated (1955-1956) 1,000 Dông Specimen graded PMG 64 Choice Uncirculated is the most anticipated note in the auction, with an estimate of € 18,000 (about $21,000 USD). The bold and detailed Old Man & Temple 1000 Dông note is one of the most desirable designs that were issued by South Vietnam. A similarly graded example previously realized $35,850 USD at an auction in Hong Kong in 2017.
South Vietnam used the Dông currency until its defeat in 1975, and it was replaced with a similarly named currency.
The sale also includes these other PMG-certified highlights:
- A China, HK & Shanghai Banking Corporation 1884-1892 1 Mexican Dollar graded PMG 35 Choice Very Fine, with an estimate of € 12,000 (about $14,000 USD)
- A Spain, Banco de España 1876 100 Pesetas graded PMG 25 Very Fine, with an estimate of € 6,000 (about $7,000 USD)
- An Austria, National Bank 1936 100/- Schilling Specimen graded PMG 55 About Uncirculated EPQ, with an estimate of € 5,000 (about $5,900 USD)
- A France, Banque de France ND (1968-1993) 500 Francs graded PMG 64 Choice Uncirculated EPQ, with an estimate of € 4,000 (about $4,700 USD)
- An India - Princely States / Hyderabad 1,000 Rupees graded PMG 62 Uncirculated, with an estimate of € 4,000 (about $4,700 USD)
- An India, Reserve Bank ND (1997) 500 Rupees Specimen graded PMG 58 Choice About Uncirculated EPQ, with an estimate of € 3,500 (about $4,100 USD)
- A France, Banque de France 1991 100 Francs Specimen graded PMG 66 Gem Uncirculated EPQ, with an estimate of € 3,500 (about $4,100 USD)
- A Cambodia, Banque Nationale ND (1956) 50 Riels Specimen graded PMG 63 Choice Uncirculated EPQ, with an estimate of € 3,000 (about $3,500 USD)
- A France, Banque de France 1916-1919 20 Francs graded PMG 62 Uncirculated EPQ, with an estimate of €2,200 (about $2,600 USD)
- A Bahamas, Central Bank 1974 (ND 1984) 100 Dollars graded PMG 66 Gem Uncirculated EPQ, with an estimate of € 2,400 (about $2,800 USD)
CGB Numismatique Paris serves as an Official Submission Center for PMG.
All estimates are provided by the auction house.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free PMG eNewsletter today!