PMG Presenting at IPMS Virtual Convention
Posted on 6/9/2020
Paper Money Guaranty (PMG®) will attend the Virtual International Paper Money Show (IPMS) held Friday, June 12, 2020 on Zoom. The show was previously scheduled for June 10-13, 2020, but was moved online due to coronavirus precautions. In response, show organizers have prepared a variety of Zoom presentations hosted by IPMS regulars that will be held hourly starting Friday, June 12 at 9 a.m. CDT.
Colin Blyth, a world paper money grader with PMG, will lead off the event by giving a presentation titled "Paper Money Guaranty (PMG) - Expert Authentication, Grading & More," which will help familiarize collectors with the company's services, benefits and procedures. PMG provides expert and impartial authentication, grading and encapsulation services for collectible paper money backed by a comprehensive guarantee. Blyth has a Master's of Business Administration from Queen's University in Canada and has been a paper money collector for more than 20 years. The presentation will be held on Friday, June 12 at 9 a.m. CDT.
Other presentations being held at the Virtual IPMS include:
- 10 a.m. - Stane Straus: "Polymer Notes"
- 11 a.m. - Neil Shafer and Joel Shafer: Interview about early days of IPMS
- 12 p.m. - Joe Boling: "The Chesire Faker Redux"
- 1 p.m. - Ray and Steve Feller: "Money of Japanese Internment Camps in the US"
- 2 p.m. - Jonathan Callaway: “Ireland's Paper Currency 1919 to 1929”
- 3 p.m. - James Downey: "Divining Order from Chaos: The German Currency Situation as Seen Through the Eyes of the Advancing Allied Armies"
- 4 p.m. - Pierre Fricke: "Collecting Confederate Paper Money"
- 5 p.m. - Lyn Knight: Little known history about inventions affecting why National Bank Notes were cut so irregular with demonstration
Note: all times above are in CDT
Videos of many past IPMS speakers will also be available to enhance the learning experience.
Zoom is free to use. Go to Zoom.us to set up a free account. To view the presentations, please sign in with the following log in information:
Zoom Meeting ID : 646 731 8755
Password : IPMS2020
Zoom Etiquette for attendees:
Please leave your mic on "MUTE" during the presentation. There will be time for questions at the end. Please type your question in the "chat" box to the right of your screen. If you have a comment, type "STACK" in the chat box and the host will acknowledge you to speak.
PMG was founded in 2005 as a fully independent third-party paper money grading service. Today, PMG is the world’s largest third-party paper money grading service, with over 5 million notes certified. Each note that PMG grades is backed by its comprehensive PMG Guarantee of authenticity and grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free PMG eNewsletter today!