PMG-graded Notes and NGC-graded Coins Among Highlights in Spink China Hong Kong Auction
Posted on 1/12/2018
PMG-graded banknotes and NGC-graded coins are among the highlights of Spink's "Banknotes, Bonds & Shares and Coins of China and Hong Kong (China)" auction, to be held at the Hua Fu Commercial Building in Hong Kong, China January 19-20, 2018.
- Lot 646 - People's Bank of China: 1951 10,000 Yuan, Pick 858, graded PMG 25 Very Fine NET (restoration). Estimate: HK$110,000 to HK$130,000 (about $14,000 USD to $16,600 USD).
- Lot 1629 (5 notes) - Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking Corporation: 1997 $20, $50, $100, $500 and $1,000, Picks 201c, 202c, 203b, 204c, 205b, serial number AA 222222, graded PMG 66 Gem Uncirculated or 67 Superb Gem Unc EPQ. Estimate: HK$200,000 to HK$300,000.
- Lot 1635 (22 notes) - The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation, 2000 $20, Pick 201d, lucky serial numbers, graded from PMG 66 Gem Uncirculated EPQ to 68 Superb Gem Unc EPQ. Estimate: HK$150,000 to HK$180,000.
- Lot 1731 - The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation: 1930 $500, Pick 177b, graded PMG 58 Choice About Uncirculated. Estimate: HK$130,000 to HK$150,000.
- Lot 1794 - The Mercantile Bank of India: 1935 $50, Pick 240a, graded PMG 58 Choice About Uncirculated. Estimate: HK$280,000 to HK$340,000.
- Lot 1895 - Hong Kong, China - The Chartered Bank, 1977 $500, Pick 72d, serial number Z/P 1000000, graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQ. Estimate: HK$150,000 to HK$200,000.
|1935 Mercantile Bank of India $50, Pick 240a, graded PMG 58 Choice About Uncirculated.
Click image to enlarge. (Images courtesy of Spink)
- Lot 1284 - China: 1989 12-ounce silver proof Year of the Snake 100 Yuan, graded NGC PF 68 Ultra Cameo. Estimate: HK$90,000 to HK$110,000.
- Lot 1309 - Great Britain: 1676 gold 5 Guineas, graded NGC AU 53. Estimate: HK$160,000 to HK$180,000.
- Lot 1336 - Hong Kong, China: 1941 bronze 1 Cent, graded NGC 61 MS BN. Estimate: HK$90,000 to HK$150,000.
- Lot 1429 - Great Britain: 1934B silver British Trade Dollar, graded NGC MS 65. Estimate: HK$60,000 to HK$80,000.
- Lot 1430 - Great Britain: 1935B silver British Trade Dollar, graded NGC MS 62. Estimate: HK$200,000 to HK$250,000.
|1935B silver British Trade Dollar, graded NGC MS 62
Click images to enlarge.
This is a guest article. The thoughts and opinions in the piece are those of their author and are not necessarily the thoughts of the Certified Collectibles Group.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free PMG eNewsletter today!