PMG Offers Special Label for PLA 90th Anniversary Commemorative Notes
Posted on 9/22/2017
PMG will offer a special label for the 2017 China People’s Liberation Army (PLA) 90th Anniversary commemorative notes being issued by China Gold Coin Incorporation. The distinctive label features a red five-pointed star and will be available at no additional charge for these notes, which are available in silver and gold.
|The PMG label for PLA 90th Anniversary notes|
The silver set features 9 notes weighing 9 grams each, made of .999 fine silver, with a maximum mintage of 60,000 sets. The gold set features 9 notes weighing 0.1 grams made of .999 fine gold, with a maximum mintage of 40,000 sets. The Shanghai Mint minted the silver sets, while the Nanjing Mint minted the gold sets.
The designs of the silver and gold sets differ, but feature nine PLA themes, including army flag, safeguarding the homeland and powerful army.
The PLA 90th Anniversary label will be the default label for all of these notes. The Special Label Fee is waived for notes submitted for this label.
All of the PLA 90th Anniversary notes will be eligible for PMG’s Early Releases and First Releases designations if received within 30 days of their release. For Early Release and First Releases cutoff dates, click here.
(Note: The PLA 90th Anniversary commemorative coins and medals can be encapsulated by NGC. Read more here.)
- Submit the PLA 90th Anniversary notes under any applicable PMG grading tier. These notes must be submitted on a separate PMG Submission Form to receive the special label.
- Write "PLA 90th Anniversary Label" in bold letters on the PMG Submission Form to request this special label. This will be the default label for all PLA 90th Anniversary notes from China Gold Coin Incorporation submitted on separate submission forms.
- There is no additional fee for the PLA 90th Anniversary label. However, this label is only available until December 31, 2018.
- If you would prefer the PMG Standard Green label, write “PMG Standard Green Label” on the PMG Submission Form.
- Notes received by PMG within 30 days of release are eligible for the “Early Releases” or “First Releases” special designations. There is an additional fee of $10 (USD) per note for the special designation verification and attribution. If you would like the “Early Releases” designation, write “Early Releases” in bold letters on the PMG Submission Form. If you would like the “First Releases” designation, write “First Releases” in bold letters on the PMG Submission Form. Submit Early Releases and First Releases notes on separate submission forms. See cutoff dates >
- If you would like the original packaging returned, select or write “Return Packaging” in bold letters on the PMG Submission Form. If Return Packaging is selected, there will be an additional fee of $5 (USD) per invoice, as well as an additional shipping cost, depending on the weight of the packaging.
Questions? Contact PMG Customer Service at service@PMGnotes.com or 1-877-PMG-5570 (1-877-764-5570).
Paid PMG Collector members can submit their notes directly to PMG. Not a member? Paid memberships start at just $39 (USD)/year. Join today >