PMG Registry News
Posted by Collectors Society on 7/19/2016
Commemorating the 70th anniversary of the adored King Bhumibol Adulyadej, or Rama IX, these 70-baht notes were released on June 9, 2016 and sold out in a matter of hours.
On the front of the note, the King stands regally in his uniform as supreme commander of the Armed Forces and is fully decorated as such. The back shows a younger king in royal garb as he brandishes the Sword of Victory and stands proudly in front of his throne in Paisan Taksin Hall. The notes sold to the public for 100 baht with a portion of the sale dedicated for presentation to the King himself.
Measuring 89 millimeters by 162 millimeters, the note has five major security features:
- The portraits on both sides are done with intaglio printing that can easily be felt by touch.
- The denomination on both sides is printed with glitter ink.
- There is color-shifting ink in the Arabic numeral “70” on the back. When you tilt the note, the numeral changes from gold to green.
- It features a hidden numeral “70” inside the garuda bird on the face. This becomes visible only when the note is viewed from a certain angle.
- The utilization of fluorescent ink causes the radial pattern behind the portrait on both sides to glow yellow when exposed to ultraviolet light.
Also in June, the bank announced an upcoming new 100-baht note. Details are yet to be confirmed on this note.
Look for both the 70-baht note and the upcoming 100-baht note in the PMG Registry soon! You may find them here: All Sets: Thailand.
We have also just released several new PMG World Sets for Zimbabwe:
- 2003 Emergency Cargill Bearer Checks, P13-P14, Complete
- 2003 Emergency Travelers Checks, P15-P20
- 2003 Emergency Bearer Checks, P21-P23, Complete
- 2004 Emergency Cargill Bearer Checks, P24-P27
- 2005-2006 Emergency Bearer Checks, P28-P32
- 2006-2008 Emergency Bearer Checks, Second Dollar, P33-P60
- 2008 Special Agro Checks, P61-P64
- 2007-2008 Issue, Third Dollar, P65-P91
- 2007-2008 Issue, Third Dollar, Million Dollar Notes
- 2007-2008 Issue, Third Dollar, Billion Dollar Notes
- 2007-2008 Issue, Third Dollar, Trillion Dollar Notes
You can find these exciting new sets here: All Sets: Zimbabwe.
Do you have PMG world notes and are unsure where they may belong? Shoot us an email at registry@PMGnotes.com with your request, and we are happy to assist you.
If you're not familiar with the PMG Registry, take some time to explore it, and see the many collecting options that are available. It is completely complimentary. Currency collectors can arrange Signature Sets based upon individual, personal collecting criteria, or complete existing competitive sets. Tracking inventory is easier than ever, and with expansive slideshow and gallery views, your treasured collection can be fully viewable and well organized. Do you need help? Click below for our help links:
Do you have questions about the PMG Registry? Let us know exactly what your needs are. We look forward to seeing your notes in the PMG Registry. Reach us easily via email at registry@PMGnotes.com.
Visit the PMG Registry today.