Submit the 2015 American $1 Coin and Currency Set
Posted on 8/20/2015
The US Mint has announced several interesting changes for this year's American $1 Coin and Currency Set. On sale August 24, the 2015 Coin and Currency Set includes an Enhanced Finish 2015-W Sacagawea - Mohawk Ironworkers $1 and a 2013 Federal Reserve Note printed for the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. The note's serial number begins with "911" to honor the contributions made by Mohawk ironworkers in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
These will be the first Sacagawea dollars struck by the US Branch Mint in West Point, NY, that are available for collectors. The West Point Mint typically produces only silver, gold and platinum coins.
The sets may be submitted to NGC and PMG to receive the special pedigree “COIN AND CURRENCY SET.” NGC and PMG are independent members of the Certified Collectibles Group.
To receive this special pedigree, special submission instructions must be followed.
- If submitting the coin to NGC and the note to PMG, the set must be sent intact to either NGC or PMG. Both an NGC Submission Form and a PMG Submission Form must accompany the set.
- If submitting only the coin to NGC or only the note to PMG, only the panel with the coin or note should be submitted along with the appropriate grading company submission form. The panel must be intact.
- Write “COIN AND CURRENCY SET” in bold letters on the NGC and/or PMG Submission Form(s).
- Select the Modern tier or higher and select Special Designation / Label and check either Early Releases or First Releases. Check the NGC website for Early Releases/First Releases cut off dates. Special Designation / Label must be selected for the COIN AND CURRENCY SET pedigree even if Early Releases or First Releases is not desired or if coins are received after the cutoff date for those designations. The 5-coin minimum requirement for the Modern tier is waived.
- The default NGC label for the coin will be the Sacagawea label (shown below):
- The note must be submitted under the PMG Economy grading tier. The five (5)-note minimum for the Economy tier will be waived.
- If you would like the Mint packaging returned, select “Return packaging” on the submission form(s).
Dealer and Elite Collectors Society members should contact Scott Heller at sheller@NGCcoin.com for bulk submissions.