PMG to Offer “SG50” Singapore 50th Anniversary Label
Posted on 8/10/2015
Paper Money Guaranty (PMG) will offer a special label for the Singapore 50th Anniversary paper money that will be released on August 20, 2015. This PMG certification label will feature the “SG50” little red dot logo used by Singapore to celebrate the country’s 50th anniversary and will be available at no additional charge for eligible notes.
Note: This special label will be available until December 31, 2016. Notes will then receive PMG's standard green label.
This year marks the 50th anniversary of Singapore’s independence. Celebrations and events are being held throughout the year to mark the occasion and the Singapore Mint has already issued several commemorative coins.
Singapore will release six SG50 commemorative notes—a $50 note with an image of Singapore’s first Prime Minister, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew, at the steps of the City Hall in 1959, and five $10 notes, each with a different theme emblematic of the nation’s progress and the unity of its citizens. The $10 notes will feature the following themes:
- “Regardless of race, language or religion”
- “Opportunities for All”
- “Safe and Secure”
- “Strong Families”
- "Caring Community, Active Citizenry”
According to the Monetary Authority of Singapore, the notes will be available to Singaporean citizens at face value at branches of nine major retail banks from August 20, 2015 onwards. After October 1, 2015, non-Singaporeans will be able to exchange notes for the SG50 commemorative issues. There will be a limit of five sets per citizen.
A total of 20 million $50 notes and 75 million $10 notes (15 million of each design) will be released.
- PMG will encapsulate these commemorative notes with the “SG50” little red dot logo. The logo will be printed to the left of the PMG grade on the PMG certification label.
- Submit the notes under any applicable PMG grading tier.
- Write "SG50 Logo Label" in bold letters on the PMG Submission Form to request this special label. If you do not write that request on the PMG Submission Form then notes will be encapsulated with PMG's standard green label by default.
- If you would like the original packaging returned, select or write “Return Packaging” in bold letters on the PMG Submission Form. There will be an additional $3 fee per invoice if return packaging is selected.