Submit the 2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set
Posted on 11/17/2014
The US Mint has announced that the 2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set will go on sale on November 20. Priced at $13.95, this affordable set includes an Uncirculated 2014-D Sacagawea Dollar and an Uncirculated Series 2013 $1 Federal Reserve Note.
These sets may be submitted to NGC and PMG to receive the special pedigree “COIN AND CURRENCY SET.” NGC and PMG are independent members of the Certified Collectibles Group.
To receive this special pedigree, special submission instructions must be followed.
- If submitting the coin to NGC and the note to PMG the set must be sent intact to either NGC or PMG. Both an NGC Submission Form and a PMG Submission Form must accompany the set.
- If submitting only the coin to NGC or only the note to PMG, only the panel with the coin or note should be submitted along with the appropriate grading company submission form. The panel must be intact.
- Write “COIN AND CURRENCY SET” in bold letters on the NGC and/or PMG Submission Form(s).
- The coin must be submitted under the NGC Modern Special grading tier. The five (5)-coin minimum will be waived. The default label will be the NGC Sacagawea label. The 2014-D Sacagawea $1 from the Coin and Currency Set is NOT eligible for the NGC Early Releases or NGC First Releases designations.
- The note must be submitted under the PMG Economy grading tier. The five (5)-note minimum will be waived.
- If you would like the Mint packaging returned, select “Return packaging” on the submission form(s).
Dealers and Elite Collectors Society members should contact Scott Heller for bulk submissions.