Eur-Seree Auction Includes Rare Gold Coin from Thailand Certified by NGC
Posted on 8/2/2023
An impressive selection of rare coins and banknotes that are certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company® (NGC®) and Paper Money Guaranty® (PMG®), respectively, are being offered in an upcoming sale. Eur-Seree Auction #64 is being held on August 5-6, 2023.
Among the top highlights in the auction is a Thailand BE2525 (1982) Gold 6000 Baht - Queen Sirikit’s Birthday graded NGC PF 70 Ultra Cameo (lot 2254), which has a starting price of 300,000 THB (about $9,000). In her 66 years as Queen Consort, Sirikit actively promoted education, health care and women's rights while working tirelessly to uplift marginalized communities in Thailand. She has been Queen Mother of Thailand since her husband King Rama IX passed away in 2016.
Other NGC- and PMG-certified items in this auction include:
- a Thailand RS127 (1908) Baht graded NGC AU 55 and pedigreed to the Dr. Norman Jacobs Collection (lot 3285) with a starting price of 300,000 THB (about $9,000)
- a Thailand BE2517 (1974) Gold 5,000 Baht - White-eyed River Martin graded NGC PF 69 Ultra Cameo (lot 2228) with a starting price of 220,000 THB (about $6,000)
- a Thailand (1857-8) 1/8 Baht Royal Gift Coinage - Copper Pattern graded NGC MS 63 BN and pedigreed to the Norman Jacobs Collection (lot 3202) with a starting price of 150,000 THB (about $4,000)
- a Thailand (1868) Baht - Reeded Edge, Medal Alignment Copper Pattern graded NGC PF 64 BN (lot 3219) with a starting price of 120,000 THB (about $3,000)
- a Thailand ND (1944) 1,000 Baht Specimen graded PMG 55 About Uncirculated (lot 1365) with a starting price of 120,000 THB (about $3,000)
- a Thailand/Japanese Intervention World War II ND (1945) 5 Baht graded PMG 64 Choice Uncirculated EPQ (lot 1372) with a starting price of 50,000 THB (about $1,500)
- a Thailand (1876-1900) Baht - Rama V graded NGC MS 66 (lot 3241) with a starting price of 45,000 THB (about $1,300)
- a Thailand, Bank of Thailand ND (1969-78) 100 Baht Solid with a Solid-9 Serial Number graded PMG 66 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 1438) with a starting price of 30,000 THB (about $900)
- a Thailand, Bank of Thailand ND (1997) 50 Baht Specimen graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 1678) with a starting price of 30,000 THB (about $900)
Starting prices are provided by the auction house. The $ symbol represents US Dollars.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free PMG eNewsletter today!