High-grade Ming Dynasty Note Certified by PMG Offered by Heritage
Posted on 9/16/2022
More than 450 historic banknotes certified by Paper Money Guaranty® (PMG®) are found in the World Paper Money Showcase Auction presented by Heritage Auctions. Online bidding for the sale, which is focused on Chinese rarities, is open through October 1, 2022.
One rare find in this auction is a China Ming Dynasty 1 Kuan graded PMG 55 About Uncirculated EPQ (lot 89023). The PMG Population Report records only three examples in a higher grade, and it is one of only two notes to earn the Exceptional Paper Quality designation. This item has an estimate of at least $50,000, and bidding had already reached $29,000 more than two weeks before the auction.
Other noteworthy PMG-graded rarities found in this sale include:
- a Hong Kong, Chartered Bank of India, Australia & China 1924-29 10 Dollars graded PMG 20 Very Fine (lot 89397)
- a Malaysia, Bank Negara 1981 100 Ringgit graded PMG 65 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 89493)
- a Philippines, Bangko Sentral 1998 100,000 Piso Commemorative graded PMG 67 Superb Gem Unc EPQ (lot 89509)
- a China / People’s Republic 1949 10,000 Yuan graded PMG 64 Choice Uncirculated EPQ (lot 89191)
- a China / People's Republic 1949 1,000 Yuan graded PMG 66 Gem Uncirculated EPQ (lot 89188)
- a China / Ch'ing Dynasty 1857 1,000 Cash graded PMG 62 Uncirculated (lot 89014)
- a China, Central Reserve Bank of China 1945 100,000 Yuan graded PMG 55 About Uncirculated EPQ (lot 89234)
- a China, Central Reserve Bank of China 1945 100,000 Yuan graded PMG 55 About Uncirculated EPQ (lot 89233)
- an India, Reserve Bank ND (1943) 100 Rupees graded PMG 64 Choice Uncirculated EPQ (lot 89452)
- a China / Ch'ing Dynasty 1858 1,000 Cash graded PMG 40 Extremely Fine (lot 89015)
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free PMG eNewsletter today!