PCGS Registry - WHY YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHANCE - PCGS Brokering notes for their top Registry contestants

2 posts in this topic

PCGS staff have been busy finding and brokering notes for several of the Registry members.

As I had previously posted on multiple message boards, from 2009-2017 I examined the $5 SC pop report 2-3 times per week. IF and when a top pop note that I did not already own hit the report, I would ask Laura of PCGS to reach out to the individual that made the note with my name and phone number. They were simply told that a registry participant was interested in buying if they were interested in selling. This took place between 8-9 times during that period. The owner would then have a choice to contact me and negotiate a price OR not call me. 

Wow. I would not  have expected that, PCGS serving as a market-maker / broker. You'd think they wouldn't want to get involved in it and wouldn't want their employee's time / resources getting sucked up on an activity that doesn't make them money, but I guess the person that said this probably submits a lot of notes and has a lot of purchasing power and they know where their bread is buttered.