• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ADDING - ONES DOWN SIZING INFORMATION by STEVE R

1 post in this topic

FRN - HERITAGE AUCTIONS - "LESSON LEARNS"

As notes in my last last jonrnal that I am down sizing my collections, with Heritage Auctions handling the sale of my small size notes collections of fives, tens, twenty, fifty and hundreds dollars small size notes sets, all of the notes were PMG graded. The auction is over and a "lesson learn", make sure thar you put a reserve on all you notes, that will cover the greading fee and a sale price with 15% of the book listed value. Moses of the small size fives,tens and twenty dollars notes were sold at face value or a net lost of 35% to 85% of net value listed in "Standard Guide to Small Size U.S. Paper Money 10th Edition. Also using the green sheet makes no difference if a note is graded or not. The auction is a good please to sale you notes, but make sure that you make the final desision on the lowest sale price for a set of notes to be sold. I had two set that were sold below face value, seven 2009 $20 dollars notes that sold at $117.00 and four $50 dollars 1981 - 1985 notes that sold for $170.00.

Heritage Auctions is a good auction house for it layout of your collection, and the way they set up the lots within the catalog.

I will use Heritage Auction in the future to sale more of my collection, but I will set the price. I am a collector not a dealer, 90% of the notes I had graded to build up the set, I "LOVE" the hobby, but I will not give-a-way my work, on building a good set of notes. I have over 875 notes that makeup my one and two dollors collection. I will keep building new set to my collection. I have 390 notes schedule for grading.

See more journals by STEVE R